Monday, September 6, 2010

The Fool-Proof Formula

So much going on lately!

First of all, welcome to the world, Anaya Krenz. I love you already, and I can't wait to see what kind of personality you bring to Team Krenz. Miana: classy and brilliant, Keira: quirky and passionate, Anika: wild child (hehe), Anaya: to be determined. Can't wait.

Chris has started his training at Apple, he's had a LOT going on. Man oh man... 9 hour training days, PLUS preparing things for each Sunday, PLUS teaching guitar lessons. And here I am sitting on ten hours of work per week... (which I'm in the process of trying to change). So I'm just trying to take care of everything around the house in the meantime, which, I'm having a lot of fun doing.

I would like to thank those of you who donated/will be donating to help fund my good friend Abel's (and his cute little daughters Deidra and Cassandra) trip to Disneyland. They will have so much fun, I can't wait for them to go! Thanks again guys. I know it can be tough to give because finances are already so tight right now. I know. But it's a fool-proof formula, I can absolutely guarantee that. How can I guarantee that? Because God Himself guaranteed it.

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." -Luke 6:38

See? He even says you can test Him in this!!! Hello promise made by GOD HIMSELF!

"Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse—the whole nation of you—because you are robbing me. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." -Malachi 3:8-10

Yikes! First of all, you just can't rob from God. He is God. He created you, give back to Him. But second of all, why would you even WANT to rob from God? Not just because it's God and He loves you and you love Him and want to be obedient and give to Him, but HE WANTS TO BLESS YOU with even MORE than what you gave! Who would pass up a chance like that? Not trying to say that you should give just with the hopes that you'll get something back, but I think it's definitely reassuring for those times (and they are many) when you look at your bank account, bite your lip, and think, "Umm... I'm not sure if I can..." You get it back! Whether it's your landlord calling and saying, "Don't worry about paying rent this month," or it's spending eternity in heaven, we MUST be givers. Do not be greedy, guys. Greed is good for no one, ever.

Anyway, now that I'm past that tangent. We had our "Encounter" worship this past Sunday on the 5th, and it was AWESOME. Man I loved all the songs we did. The devil was definitely intimidated, he kept breaking the guitar strings and messing with the audio and what not, but boy was it fun. And like I expressed that morning before "Desert Song", it made me very emotional to have the honor to worship alongside some incredible brothers and sisters. That's the community I love. This past Sunday was so important to me, and I loved every minute of it. Thank you to all of you who were there.

What was your favorite song played this past Sunday? What song can you not get out of your head?

-Ash

2 comments:

  1. Amen Sista! God doesn't need our money, but he wants our hearts and he doesn't want them to be greedy! Not with our money, our time, our anything. It's ALL HIS, always was, always will be. We need to participate and obey and be blessed and live abundantly with overflowing love and joy! You can't receive anything and be a channel for Him if your hands are holding on to what you've got. I love, love the desert song...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desert Song of course!!!! But I also can;t stop humming Awake my Soul. The band did AWESOME!!! ONE Community Church Loves you guys!!! Thank you God for giving them each their talent!

    ReplyDelete