Well, we are trying to sell the truck (a white, 2-door, 4wd '89 Isuzu Trooper) for $1000, we need to cut down our car insurance and we want to get a moped instead. We're going to use some of the money to pay on Chris' student loans, some to save for a moped, and some to give away to an awesome guy we know who REALLY needs and deserves a vacation. (Can't really go into detail about that since he might be reading this!) So if anyone can help either with talking around to see if anyone would like to buy the truck, that would be awesome. Or if you want to donate to help us pay for his trip, message me and I'll tell you who he is and why he deserves the trip and what the trip even is. Or if you'd like to help me by praying about this man and his situation, that would be much appreciated as well.
Chris starts his Apple job this week (we think... that's kind of a confusing situation, too), and my last day at the sign spinning job is this upcoming Wednesday. But I'm going to try to stay at the bookstore and just work my schedule there around Chris' schedule. But I don't know how well that will work, I can only work there 10 hours a week. And I'm not so sure that me working 10 hours a week would pay the bills, so I'll probably have to get a job somewhere else, too. Chris and I are going to try to crunch the numbers (again) tonight, and see what the results are. I'm trying to get a job at a nearby Starbucks so I can start learning more about the coffee industry.
Speaking of which, trying (legitimately trying this time) to figure out how to make my vision a reality with this Coffee Shop/Tea House for the Homeless idea. But that's just the thing, it seems like that's all I've got is the vision. I have no clue about business, raising money, management, or even how to make more than two different kinds of coffee. I'm reading "Pour Your Heart Into It" by Howard Schultz, the Chairman and CEO of Starbucks, basically all about how Starbucks started. I can't tell yet if it's discouraging or encouraging... I mean, I'm pretty sure that when God calls you to something, it's never just... easy. It's never handed to you. You have to work hard at it, seeking His will and His counsel... I have a list of possible baby steps to take. But it all seems overwhelming. But I'm excited to learn more about it and share my vision with others and see if anyone else happens to have a similar vision who could complement me as far as the technical skills go.
I can't stop thinking about it. Ideas, things I need to do, location, how to start, recipes, layout, etc... I don't get much sleep at night these days ha.
Something worth mentioning; I crossed something off our Bucket List Monday night! Chris, Stephen, Lyndsy and I went geocaching. We went around 9p, to three different locations close to our home. It was extremely warm and muggy outside, but I definitely had fun. Lyndsy and I dressed in all black. I smudged black eyeshadow on my cheaks... I got all into it. Definitely had fun though and would love to do it again.

That's all I can think of for now.
OH and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if you can help with getting the truck sold or funding part of my friend's vacation... I'll give you details about that if you'd like. :)
Thank you!!
-Ash
No comments:
Post a Comment