Friday, July 16, 2010

I DID IT!

So I finally gave my two weeks at the Credit Union. I know what you're thinking, "You've only been there for six months!" but
1) You'd only understand if you've worked at a financial institution.
2) That's the longest job I've held in a several years, so I'm proud of myself!

To replace this job I obtained two part-time jobs equaling thirty hours a week. Yes, we will have to update our budget of my SLIGHT income drop and what not, mind you, it is SLIGHT. I am so thankful for the change that's about to happen. Only few of you know how my job at the CU has made me feel lately. My goodness. I realize I'm losing some pay and losing some stability as far as hours/week goes, but not by much.

At the CU, there are very few kind words. No matter how long of a conversation I had with God beforehand to help me "be the light in a dark place and show His love through me to these people", there always came a point each day when I just became exhausted from being people's emotional doormat. Bottom line as far as this goes, some people can handle that role, and some people can't. I will NEVER be a button-down, ironed slacks kind of "business woman". Some people are, and that's rad for them. But not me, no thank you.

So anyway. I'm very excited for that change. As well as, I'm trying to begin a 5-week "Intro to Christian Theology" course at Mid-America Christian University. However, it is a lot a money. So we will see what happens with that. I wouldn't be degree-seeking, I'm just wanting to learn more about the Bible, it's incredibly fascinating.

As far as what I posted about last, my calling, still not sure. Going to try something new out and see if it sticks. But for now I'm content with the changes taking place.

What post-high school education have you participated in? What was your goal?

-Ash


2 comments:

  1. Ash, continuing your education is great! Especially if you're studying something that's close to your heart. And good on you changing jobs. I always feel weird giving notice to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley - love the blog! :) This is Jackie (Jamiejames fiance in WI - you may not recognize my google account name lol)

    Continuing education is always a good thing. It took me awhile to go back to school (long story there), but when I did, the experience was very rewarding and I always dreamed of having a bachelors degree. I went for accounting, graduated with a BA in May and looking to do my Masters. If I had to do it over again, I'd go to school earlier and probably not for accounting. Accounting jobs are what I kept ending up in and it seemed logical to pursue it further. I guess my advice to you is find your passion, don't settle for anything you don't want and love what you do!

    Take care! And good luck in the new jobs and changes.

    ReplyDelete