As I was standing on Priest and the 60 with my sign, I suddenly felt something. A very familiar feeling. Aloud I exclaimed, "Oh crap." and instinctively leaned my head forward, only to see blood dripping onto the concrete from my face. Without thinking I cupped my hand around my nose as an attempt to catch the blood, but my hand soon overflowed with the red goo and started dripping down again. Somehow it ended up dripping onto my legs, and my arm swiped across my legs, getting covered as well. I now looked like I belonged on that creepy movie, Carrie.

I was a good 8 minutes from the store in the mall that I work for and I did not have any desire to walk there with this blood oozing from my head. So, initially I called Chris to find out what I should do. He told me I need to go inside and take care of it, but I did not want to do it. I called my mom to see where my dad was, perhaps he was close by and could help me out, but he wasn't anywhere near me. So I sat down on the sidewalk, bent over into the dirt, and chatted with my mom for a bit on the phone. Then, my plan was that once it let up, I would go to my car and clean my face off with some water I had in a squirt bottle in my trunk, then proceed to the mall, to the shop's bathroom to fully clean myself up.
I thought it started to let up so I stood, grabbed my sign, and then it began gushing again. So, again I sat and waited, and sat, and bled. Nobody even stopped to help me. One guy rode by on his bike, another person honked at me. THAT is what annoyed me the most. Finally, I got sick of waiting and I booked it to my car, rinsed off my face, and walked into the mall. Boy did I get some dirty looks and death glares. I got stuck behind some Bros coming out of the Nike store, blocking my path walking extremely slowly, and me, who was walking briskly to avoid being seen, out of frustration exclaimed, "Oh my gosh!". And as the boys turned around to see who was being a jerk behind them, they gasped. I think they thought I was a murderer about to attack or something.
Anyway, made it to the shop, into the bathroom, cleaned myself up, andddd it started bleeding again full force. This whole bleeding process lasted a little over an hour. Was not fun.
Very thankful that my boss didn't make me go back out, I got so lightheaded and dizzy.
About 40 minutes later I went to my moms, hung out for a while, got ready, and went to my second job. Chris came to see me there and brought me Jamba Juice! That was neat. And I did well with my sales today, which is fun. I got a child sponsored through World Vision [www.worldvision.org], which is SO stoking when that happens.
So that was my day. Pretty eventful. And tomorrow should be way sick, too. Big boating day with the Youth Group at Saguaro Lake. And then, DA DA DA DUN, SUNDAY! The best day of the week. Gonna be way fun.
Out of curiosity, what was your guys' most embarrassing moment? Today def made it into my top five.
-Ash
That sucks, Ash! I hate when that happens. My girlfriend once had that happen, luckily she was at home, though.
ReplyDeleteAs for my most embarrassing moment, that's easy. Luckily, only David and his dad's dog were witnesses, but he's never let me forget: David and I took the dog to the store to get food. To get into the house, we had to go through a sliding glass door. Walking up to the door, the dog stopped, and I briefly thought, "Why did this darn dog stop!" I think walked smack into the glass door, which was by no means even close to anything that could be considered clean. Sadly, David was right behind me and saw everything. He said he was thinking, "Why isn't that darn girl stopping!" I'm just glad I didn't crack the door- like my sister did when she was about 6 years old. That would have been BAD!