Do you ever wish you could just turn off your brain? I feel like lately, mine never takes a break!
To all you theologians out there (aka everyone - since everyone has some kind of theory about God, or perhaps the lack of one), how do you discover His path?
I know that you can serve Him anywhere you go because He is moving everywhere, you just "simply" have to join in. But I feel like there's something more specific to it, or at least there can be..
Are we on earth to do whatever we want, goal-wise (school, career, finances, where we live, etc), while trying to 1. Love God. 2. Love others, and that's "enough"? Or is the picture bigger than that? Do you believe that we are, as Christians (someone who has decided to entrust his or her life to Jesus Christ), supposed to give absolutely everything to Him? Praying without ceasing about where we are supposed to go, what we are supposed to do with our finances, and essentially, who we are supposed to be as a person in this world.
Before sitting down and saying to ourselves, "I think I want to go here now", whether it's just to the local Olive Garden or a move to another city, state, country, are we to first seek if it's what God wants? What does that look like? I firmly believe it happens to some people, but I have not heard the actual voice of God telling me which path to take. Doesn't make me doubt that He's listening or cares about my decisions, but man, wouldn't that be so much "easier"?
But since He doesn't typically answer in a black and white, audible voice, is it bad for us to decide for ourselves where we will go and attempt to join what God is doing there? Or maybe we have no plans to serve Him there, it's just a matter of us wanting to live it up.
I guess bottom line of my question is, is it considered "selfish ambition" to make our own plans for life (things we're saving up for, or splurging on) and to act on those plans, just because we want to do it?
Or do we sit, pray, attempt to find out through Scripture-reading and having an open dialogue with God, what to do with every single thing in our lives BEFORE making any decisions about them?
Does any of it even matter, as long as you love Him?
Great. Now I have "As Long as You Love Me" by the Backstreet Boys stuck in my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment