The car issue was solved, thanks to so many people. RIP sweet Neon. You were truly loved.
Our awesome cousin Kelsey sold us her Ford Focus, and that is what we are driving now. Thanks Kelsey :)
I've started applying at places so we can start saving money. We started using www.mint.com (if you haven't checked it out, seriously, it's amazing), and it really opened our eyes to our finances. We are fine how things are right now, things are just a little tight, but we manage (thanks God). But on mint.com, we set a couple of goals. 1) To save up an emergency fund. 2) To take a trip to Jerusalem. The income/expenses ratio was eye opening in the way that we realized just how long it'd take to reach those goals. Hence, me trying to find a job. Doesn't have to pay much and I don't need too many hours, so we will see what happens. I believe that if I put effort into it and God wants it to happen, it will happen. So I'm trusting in that. So for now, I'm milking being a housewife for all it's worth, I love it so much. I've been baking a butt load and making things and cleaning cleaning cleaning always cleaning. I've got a couple of people lined up whose children I will babysit, so that's sort of perfect for some extra cash and still being able to be home and get stuff done. Also since we only have one car, babysitting is pretty ideal for right now.
But I'm thinking this babysitting money will be going towards Christmas gifts. We'll be making pretty much all of the gifts ourselves but the supplies will still cost something. Here's to frugality!
I can't believe how quickly time flies. It's sad and exciting at the same time. I can NOT wait for my theology class to start at the beginning of 2011. I'm going to try to talk Abel into teaching me Hebrew, too. I would so love to learn Hebrew. (Abel if you're reading this... you knoww you wanttt tooo...). I just want to learn SOMETHING. I never thought I would miss school, but I honestly do.
While I've got laundry going in the dryer right now, I've got a few things in the works for tomorrow's 10 w/ ONE. And to whoever is scheduled to bring tomorrow's 10 w/ ONE, I hope I'm not imposing by bringing some things as well. I made beignets (pronounced ben-yays, like on Princess and the Frog!!) and decided it wasn't a good idea to keep them to myself. And then I noticed my eggs were coming to the last of their days and I knew I wouldn't use them for anything so I made a large pavlova with them. But it only takes the whites, so I have six egg yolks I should use for something but I'm not sure what takes only the yolks. Any ideas?
Can't wait for tomorrow, Sundays are the greatest. We are doing a new song that I absolutely LOVE. I've been playing it on the piano for like the past month and I kept telling Chris, "We've got to do this song someday!" And now it fits the message SO WELL so we are doing it tomorrow! It's so beautiful. I'm going to apologize in advance, I may cry while singing it.
At the same time, I'm thinking of taking my break for one Sunday pretty soon. Sometimes it's nice to have alone time with God during worship instead of leading a song or trying to make sure I get all the chords/harmonies right. Not that I don't experience God during those times, but sometimes it's nice just to focus on the words and that moment with God and nothing else. We'll see :)
I am also stoked about tomorrow because Chris and I got little presents for some of our favorite little girls, Miana, Keira, and Anika. Nothing fancy, we just got them each a pez dispenser (Miana: Tinkerbell, Keira: Aurora from Sleeping Beauty, Anika: Belle from Beauty and the Beast).
I took a couple candle jars that the candles had finished burning in, completely cleaning them out, and I used one of them to put all the pez candies in and then wrapped the pez dispensers individually. I'm not even sure if they're allowed to have pez... maybe I should have asked. Haha. I guess we'll find out.
So if any of you hear of anyone who's hiring or someone who needs a sitter, please let me know. Also, if any of you have any ideas of something I could get/make for my 8 year old brother, my dad, or Chris' dad, PLEASE let me know. We have no clue!!
Thanks :)
-Ash

Here's a website that gives ideas how to use up your yolks: http://www.squidoo.com/eggyolkuses
ReplyDeleteAs for the babysitting, I may ask you to come and babysit here, at least for Christmas shopping sake, because the kids are going on Vacation in like 2 weeks.
I don't really have a comment...I just wanted to say I think you are such an awesome person. :-) I love you!!
ReplyDelete