Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bucket List

I don't care if the design isn't finished, I can not sleep for the life of me. So here is my (Ash) first blog.
Let me start off by saying that I have a major issue with "routine". Which, let's be blunt, can be difficult when being a part of a ministry. My week personally goes a little something like this:
Monday: Work a 4-5 hour shift, go home to my lovely husband, hang out for the rest of the night, occasionally have friends over.
Tuesday: Work a 4-5 hour shift, then some cleaning, maybe make dinner, and go to ROOTS at 6p-8p.
Wednesday: Work a 4-5 hour shift, some cleaning, maybe make dinner, then Youth gathering at 6:30p-9p.
Thursday: Work a 4-5 hour shift, some cleaning, maybe make dinner, then band practice around 7p-8:30p.
Friday: Work a 9 hour shift, come home, crash from exhaustion. (As a teller, I stand for that 8 hours, excluding lunch, in heels).
Saturday: Work 5 1/2 hour shift, come home, typically hang out with either just Chris or Chris and I will meet up with some friends or family for a couple hours, get home around 9p so Chris can put the final touches on some details for Sunday morning, in bed by 10p.
Sunday: THE BIG DAY. Every week. The most wonderful, tiring day full of worshiping and catching up with friends and serving with our INCREDIBLE Brothers and Sisters in Jesus.
Sunday night: Occasionally family get-togethers, Chris and I are practically, and sadly, half asleep through them. Sundays are beautiful, but very very exhausting. Love my Sundays.

Don't get me wrong, I adore ONE with all my heart. Anyone's accepted, anyone is loved, anyone is taken in as family. It's a beautiful picture of Christ's hands and feet, His body. A true example of a group of people who want to impact this world in whatever way they're able.
As I said before, I'm just not good with "routine". And I'm trying so hard (I'm not so good with expressing how I really feel at the core) to explain how... I would not trade my serving with my family from ONE for ANYTHING.

I hope you guys know what I mean, I feel like I'm going on a tangent.
Okay the bottom line is:
Today was my day off, a very rare delicacy. Yes I do work at a Credit Union so I get Sundays off, but as I explained, my Sundays are my busiest days. Anyway, about every six weeks I get a Saturday off and it is glorious, my friends, just glorious. However, due to being a "grown up", the resources for a fun day off weren't available. So I stayed home. To be honest, I pouted a little bit. Jusssttt a little bit. Okay a lot-o-bit. I could not stop thinking, "I've lived in Arizona my entire life. I have only ever traveled to California, Nevada, Indiana, Kentucky, and Iowa (when I was way, way young). I NEED to see something other than beige!! Why am I just sitting here on my day off when I could be exploring?!"
I couldn't get over this fact.
So I told Chris, "We are going to make a list. A list of all the places we want to go and things we want to do and see. Like a bucket list. But in our case our 'death' will be when we have a baby. We need to do all the things on our list before we have a baby!"
Might sound harsh, but that's what we did. We sat for about an hour and wrote out a list. We've already created our specific savings account for "Travel", so now it's a matter of choosing one and building up the funds. Some were small, like I want to milk a cow. Some were big like eating on the Eiffel Tower. We will tackle the small things while saving up for the big things.

All of God's Creation is out there... and we want to see as much as we can.
And I'd love to have all of you along with us on the ride.


....Does anyone have a cow I can milk?

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your ideas and look forward to hearing about all of your adventures! PLEASE video tape cleaning your kitchen floor with big foot spounges for us all to see!

    ReplyDelete